Walking In Wuhan

China down. California to go.

So, another week of traveling behind us, kind of. Courtney and I headed to Chicago on Saturday to visit some friends and hang out at Brooke's family's fantastic lake house. We waterskiied, went tubing and dodged lightning bolts -- it hit the tree behind their house -- and had a fantastic time.

Courtney and I went downtown, took the standard tourist picture at the Bean in Millenium Park, met up with Meg and then I flew home this afternoon.

I arrived to find one of the boxes we'd mailed in early June sitting in our living room. We paid for the three-month delivery option, which literally is on the slowboat from China. It arrived in six weeks, but not in the condition I left it in Wuhan.



Basically it looked like it was kicked, punched, crushed, mashed, spit and peed on. But hey, the pirated DVDs and knock-off North Face jackets are safe.

1 comments:

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

You didn't say hi while you were in town? I'm deeply offensive. Even Jon Crowl stopped a moment to say hello :(