Walking around North Beach and Chinatown yesterday, I made a point of trying to notice details about things around me. Lately we've been feeling that the newness of being in the Bay Area has begun to wear off -- I suppose that happens when you've been somewhere for more than two years. So, when we walked through North Beach, I looked up to admire "Language of the Birds" a public art installation of white books that are made to look like birds. Here's a photo:I guess I'd always been distracted by looking upward, and never noticed the ground under the books. There are words made to look like they'd fallen out of the books, and come from books written by authors with connections to North Beach. More importantly, the simple discovery left me feeling like I finally had my eyes open for the first time in awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment