Walking In Wuhan

China down. California to go.

We have visitors in town this week and we hung out in the City. We spent time in Chinatown, North Beach and the Lower Height. When the 'rents came out last month, they brought out my old film camera -- previously a high school graduation gift given to my mom -- and I wanted to take a few photos. I guess the batteries in the camera didn't hold up well since I last used the camera three or four years ago, and only lasted for a couple shots.

For lunch we went to House of Nanking, which had been recommended by several people we know who have come to San Francisco. We finally went for lunch today. I was planning on getting noodles or something, when I saw they had, Bao Bing on the menu. Bao Bing is meat that is cooked with veggies and -- at least in China -- is covered with this bar-b-que type cause and served in a little tortilla looking thing. I ordered it every chance I got in China, but haven't had it since we've been back. I ordered it with tofu and it was just as good as I remembered. Best lunch in a long time. It's not really authentic, but definitely hit the spot.

If you're in San Francisco, check it out: http://www.yelp.com/biz/house-of-nanking-san-francisco



Walls in the Powell St. BART station.

The view looking straight down California St.

Chinatown

Same

Sporting tourist garb, flashing Chinese tourist sign.

1 comments:

Cindi said...

Are you sure those aren't the "original" batteries? In which case they should be in the Smithsonian! Or maybe they shouldn't have been scanned going through security after all???