I laughed when I read this post by BVK about purchases are Target: Click Here.
First in an occasional series of posts about the random crap we get at the most dangerous (for the wallet) store in the world. Tonight, we joked with the cashier about how much money we spend at Target. Her words: "It's like we have a $100 cover charge."
12 rolls of toilet paper.
6 packages of beef ramen noodles.
1 Iron Gym pull-up bar.
Total: $40.01
I think pretty much every time we go into Target, we walk out with random toiletries, groceries or other item. I think one time we went in for ice cream and left with one 5-pound dumbbell. For awhile, I've wondered whether Target does something with their stores. Do they pump more air into the facility like Casinos? Is there some kind of nifty marketing trick that drives me to buy crap I don't need or have room for? Is the bullseye somehow hypnotizing me to make bad purchases?
This weekend we went in looking for Courtney some school supplies -- apparently it's not cool for a Ph.D. student to use Hannah Montana folders or have puppy Trapper Keepers -- and I was expecting to walk out with some notebooks, folders, a bookshelf, bottle of wine and Wii game.
But the important number to remember here is: $2.74. That's the total we paid for four notebooks and eight folders.
I guess that now makes the score Target: 831, Us: 1.

2 comments:
I went in for garbage bags and came out with a television. True story.
In fairness, I also remembered the garbage bags.
Post a Comment