Walking In Wuhan

China down. California to go.

Cliff and Sarah stopped through San Francisco last week before a trip up to Tahoe, so we decided to finally check out NightLife, which is put on by the California Academy of Sciences. Every Thursday night from 6 to 10 p.m., the Academy opens its doors to the planetarium, indoor jungle, aquarium and living roof. They have a DJ and serve drinks and there are no kids running around. Even better, tickets are only $10, compared to $24.95 during the day. Definitely a must-see in San Francisco.

But as we're standing in line, this guy rolls up on a bicycle that has speaker attached to the back. He gets off, grabs a volunteer to pedal, and music starts pouring out of the speakers thanks to electricity generated by pedaling the bike. The guy then proceeds to rap for 10 minutes about bicycling. Only in San Francisco.

Other things:

  • I could watch Jellyfish swim for hours -- particularly if bass heavy techno music is audible.
  • I always used to silently mock people for taking photos in zoos. I put that on hiatus for an hour that night.
  • I'm apparently prone to suffering motion sickness in digital planetariums.
  • Should I ever be stuck in the jungle looking for sustenance, all colorful frogs are a bad choice.






2 comments:

raj said...

Was the jellyfish thing a Spongebob reference? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZoox3rggCU - (if you don't have time to watch the whole thing, skip to 2:34)

If not, I think you need to be scared that you're so similar to someone who wears square pants.

Michael said...

That link was the first episode of Spongebob I think I've ever seen. I'll assume you found that link by luckily searching techno, jellyfish. Otherwise, I'm docking you one man point. =)