Walking In Wuhan

China down. California to go.

3/20/08

Bracket talk

It's 3 a.m. and the phone rings. Who are you picking to win the NCAA Tournament? After John McCain secured the Republican nomination, he picked up a lot of free time that can be used to fill out tournament brackets. His bracket will be unveiled today before games start, and you can join his pool and win plenty of free John McCain stuff! Careful though, that probably means three-year old jelly beans and a year's supply of fiber pills. On the Democratic side, Barack Obama is picking North Carolina to win -- a safe, smart choice. Here's Hillary's answer: "Oh gosh, I don't know,'' she said at a campaign stop in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, on March 18. "I have to consult with my basketball adviser, my husband.''



To rehash, Bill Clinton graduated from Georgetown. All she had to say was Georgetown. Filling out a bracket doesn't necessarily translate to skill as a statesman/woman (or is it statesperson?), but I appreciate somebody who doesn't have to take a poll to state a simple opinion.

[ Bloomberg News -- March Madness ]

0 comments: