One of my former students from China is visiting for the next three days. I worked a half-day and then we hit San Francisco. we saw most of the stuff worth seeing -- including a lot of stuff I hadn't seen in quite awhile. We rode the cable cars, Chinatown, Little Italy, North Beach, City Lights bookstore, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Union Square and Grace Cathedral. Tomorrow is the bridge and SFMOMA.
I felt like a real tourist. I ate clam chowder, rode the cablecars and got scared by the "bush guy." I like when people visit, because it's a reminder -- I sometimes forget -- that we live near such a cool city with so much to see. I'm thinking I need to get a guidebook to see how much I'm missing.
I felt like a real tourist. I ate clam chowder, rode the cablecars and got scared by the "bush guy." I like when people visit, because it's a reminder -- I sometimes forget -- that we live near such a cool city with so much to see. I'm thinking I need to get a guidebook to see how much I'm missing.
I think Jessie really enjoyed Chinatown, though I had to laugh for a minute. In China, we often had the experience where we'd struggle to talk to somebody in Chinese for a few minutes, then that person would respond in perfect English. Today she was looking for a Chinese language bookstore and approached a guy running a store. Jessie asks in Chinese where the nearest bookstore is. Dude stares at her for a second and in what I heard as a Midwestern accent says, "Look, I don't speak Mandarin. The store is around the corner." Her jaw dropped. I just laughed.
City Lights Info

1 comments:
dude! i know that girl...i forget how...but i do haha!
Post a Comment