Walking In Wuhan

China down. California to go.

After driving around Berkeley and the Bay Area for the past three weeks, I started noticing the Starbucks on every block. I realize this isn't a new phenomenon, so I wanted to see just how saturated the company is in our area.

A quick search of a five-mile radius revealed 19 locations. Expand the circle a bit and there are 102 Starbucks locations within a 10-mile radius of our apartment. If I'm really jonesing for a cup of coffee and I want to drive 20 miles from our apartment, I have the choice of 235 Starbucks stores. If I left the parents' house in Omaha and wanted to drive 20 miles, I would only have 27 to choose from.

I don't really know what that means, but damn, that's a lot of coffee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've got 73 within five miles and 151 within 10.

word: czximsl

Cindi said...

I know what this means...when I come to visit I will have AT LEAST 19 new pages in my scrapbook and
if I stay long enough...it could be 235 new pages!!!