Walking In Wuhan

China down. California to go.

6/21/07

Two more weeks

We're under two more weeks left in China and things are getting a little crazy. We went to Shanghai two weeks ago, picked Cliff up in Hong Kong last week, checked out Guilin and came to Wuhan. Courtney and Cliff are in Xi'an now, and we take him to Beijing on Sunday. It's crazy to think how quickly this year has gone (I know mom, it hasn't) but it's odd to tell our classes and friends here goodbye. China has become comfortable and really feels like home, even if I still rely heavily upon pantomime for anything beyond a simple conversation. I had my last writing classes, and I told a few of them, "see you later," not realizing that I likely won't. There aren't too many situations in life where you can fairly definitively say, "I won't see this person again." Weird to think about.

It seems the technology vacuum continues. I can no longer put pictures on our desktop computer here, so I won't post too much until we return to the States. We have some cool pictures from vacation, Wuhan and whatnot that I want to throw on here, so you'll get those soon enough. Also, if the format is off on the blog, it's not my fault. I can no longer view any XXXX.blogspot.com addresses. Put that in the "things I won't miss about China" column.

0 comments: