Walking In Wuhan

China down. California to go.

12/5/09

Love The Vegas

The final stretch of our trip saw us in Vegas for three days. Had a couple big swings playing craps -- down a bit, back up again when I got hot rolling -- and watched the Nebraska/Colorado game on Friday. Couple other quick bullet points:

  • We went to a piano bar at the Paris. I got the guys to play Bohemian Rhapsody and Sister Christian. If I had been thinking, I would have thrown in Broken Wings for the trifecta.
  • Vegas never ceases to amaze me with the ways it can take your money. The M casino now has in-game betting. You put an amount down, and you get a screen where you can make bets during the game. We did this during the Nebraska/CU game. At the beginning of each possession you can bet how each series will end -- punt, field goal attempt, touchdown, etc. You can also bet whether the offensive team will get a first down for a series of downs. The odds change on each play. On the play where Zac Lee got hurt and Cody Green came in on a third and six, Shane and I both about broke our screens betting that Nebraska wouldn't get a first down on that series.
  • I bet against the Broncos on Thursday night and lost big time. Guess that's what I get for betting against my team.







0 comments: