Recently we were browsing in one of those fantastic locally owned movie rental places that has a great selection of awesomely bad movies, when I found myself making a passionate, persuasive argument about why we should spend an evening watching Sylvester Stallone's 1987 "hit" Over The Top.
Quick synopsis of my argument: A struggling truck driver (Stallone) tries to reconnect with his son, and fails until entering the national arm wrestling championships in Las Vegas. You can imagine that awesomeness is interspersed on a backdrop of a soundtrack that includes Sammy Hagar and Frank Stallone. Did I mention Stallone's character's name is Lincoln Hawk? It's off the charts.
We ended up compromising (Yay marriage!) with Burn After Reading. We left the video store, my mind still turning.
Let's talk hypothetically here for a second. Maybe there's a gathering where a white T-shirt, suspenders or trucker hat must be worn to gain entry. Once inside, "Over The Top" is playing on a television and a double-elimination arm wrestling tournament is taking place with Sammy Hagar playing softly in the background for ambiance. Sweat. There may or may not be Pabst Blue Ribbon available for those interested.
I don't know, I mean, I'm just thinking out loud here. But would you go to something like that? You know, hypothetically.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
dude, dont want to disappoint you but it should be wudang shan? right? or there is a wudong mountain, but i mean, if, that, maybe it is the wudang...... you
Post a Comment