I've always had mixed feelings about Ikea. Sure, they have cheap lamps that generally function well and don't break, but their stuff always seems a big cheap, like if I put enough weight on something it might snap -- after all, how much weight can wood screws really handle.
So it was with those reservations that we headed to an Ikea in nearby Emeryville. We bought a dresser that we felt somewhat good about. Ikea's directions suck. A lot. They don't have words, just vague drawings -- not to mention that their furniture features names like Schvergen Nurgen and Fahrfegnugen.
So we've had our dresser for about three months these days. It now looks like this. No, an earthquake didn't hit.Thanks Ikea, for making it socially acceptable to live in small apartments with crappy, flimsy furniture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
maybe this is why the guy in fight club had so much pent-up anger.
Here's what I found to your title question, Michael.
crap in Swedish is skitprat
Bryce
Yikes. Put it out of its misery.
Post a Comment