So, I started at Barnes and Noble this week and so far it's been going well. One of the perks of working there is that employees can check out hardcover books free of charge for two weeks and return them. I started reading "A Thousand Splendid Suns" yesterday. It's the follow up to the ridiculously popular "Kite Runner" that came out a couple years ago. I'll let you all know how it goes.
I have a couple interviews lined up for this week for other jobs, so we'll see how that goes.
Driving around Berkeley you notice one thing -- people here like their bumper stickers. "Free Palestine," and "Impeach Bush" are everywhere on people's hybrids and burnt out Hondas. If you're sometimes in awe of how conservative Nebraska is, consider this fact.
"Berkeley is still a liberal city, with its 2004 presidential vote going more than 90% for John Kerry (54,419 votes) versus only 6.7% for George W. Bush (4,010 votes)"
That surprised me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment