For those who read our blog regularly in China, you might remember that day during the first week where we hit the jackpot, scoring a working ATM, food and a DVD market all in the same day. Today was our California version.
We woke up early this morning to have cable installed in the apartment. It's nice having ESPN only a click away, though I've had to put up with a day-long marathon of Project Runway to have it. Later in the morning, a gangly FedEx worker with a sweet mustache showed up with our China computer that had completely crapped out before we came back from the States.
I've spent the past few hours studying for the California driving test. I'd forgotten how asinine some of the questions are, but I have until Thursday to study. There are plenty of things I've forgotten, namely which way to turn your wheels when parking on a hill -- something you don't really worry about in Omaha. I guess I'd know if my car starts rolling back down the slope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Toward the curb. So if your breaks fail, the car rolls into the curb, not into the traffic. At least, that's what logic dictates. What says the DMV?
The one that confuses me is when you're going uphill with a curb, you turn your wheels towards the street. Presumably so your car doesn't roll down the street?
Post a Comment