Walking In Wuhan

China down. California to go.

If you know that's a lyric from a Celine Dion song, you're either a big loser or have visited China. Celine is everywhere here. Knowing that, I picked up this paper in my class a few months back. I had my students write about who they would invite to dinner as a warm-up for my writing class. I told myself that I wouldn't post their work on my blog because they're trying to write creatively in their non-native language, and making light of their work would likely make me a huge jerk. But now that class is over, I'll post my favorite warm-up. I'm not a jerk and plus, this kid never came back to class. I haven't edited for grammar or spelling. Enjoy.

"You were my eyes when I couldn't see. You were my voice when I couldn't read... This is the lyrics from my favorite 'Because You Loved Me' by Canadian singer Celine Dion. I just imagine if I could have a chance to invite her to my dinner and then she would sing to me, it would be a very sweet and romantic moment.

Because of the language barrier, I don't take my interest in her French ballads, just enjoy her English songs like, 'Power of Lover,' 'Have You Ever Been in Love?' and 'Falling into you.' Celine is such a charming girl, her whispers to me will be the greatest thing unless Rene doesn't care about it.

A sweet diva with beautiful voice and a dinner with well-decorated candles. I'm sure I will have a wonderful night 'cos you are my lady and I'm your man.'

0 comments: